The Airplane Platform Lift has been designed to facilitate the transfer of people with reduced mobility in and out of airplanes. The lift is equipped with a foldable platform that allows the easy lifting of wheelchairs up the staircase. As an alternative a foldable seat also permits the save transport of people having difficulties of climbing steps, with the person sitting on the platform lift.
The unique technical feature of the Airplane Platform Lift is the self-leveling of the platform, which automatically adapts to changing inclinations of the air-stairs. This allows that the airstairs, in combination with the platform lift, can be used to access different door heights of various airplane types.
The Airplane Platform Lift is equipped with an anti-skid surface and a safety belt. It is
operable in any weather condition. The platform is chain driven and travels at a speed of 0,1 m/s.
- Construction made from heavy duty metal parts
- Handrails made from mild steel
- Front segment of platform movable 100 mm
- Fully zinc-metalized and painted (color shade to be specified as per the RAL color chart)
- Steps 1200 mm wide, covered with aluminum antiskid sheet
- Upper platform (dims. 1600 x 2000 mm) covered with aluminum antiskid sheet
- 4 mechanically operated stabilization jacks
- 4 wheels with full rubber tires
- Front axle steerable (automobile type steering system)
- Parking brake (actuated when tow-bar locked in upper position)
- Automatic safety pawl mechanism
- hydraulic system powered by electric motor or combustion engine (petrol or diesel), manual hydraulic
pump always mounted as backup
- Max load on step: 2 persons/200 kg
- Max load of front platform: 8 persons/800 kg
- Side wind stability up to 45knots (when stairs fully extracted)
- Operational temperature -25C up to +45C
- Platform’s contact part equipped with 80 mm rubber bumper to protect aircraft’s fuselage from damage